Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2017 Catholic Planner

In deciding I want to be more organized this year, I wanted to find a very concrete way to do it. My top needs in getting organized included:

- Finding a way to live out the Church calendar
- Meal planning
- Daily Journaling
- A place to write down daily and monthly tasks.

I needed all of this in one place so I would not forget about things. The best way to do this would be a planner or some sort of organizer. I immediately decided it needed to be something I could physically write in, rather than imputing into a calendar in my phone.  I think there is something to be said about physically writing something down. The art of writing is being lost at times with so much technology! There is beauty in the written word. This is something I want to value and encourage not only with myself, but with my children.

I started my search of trying to find the perfect planner. Travis stumbled upon a Catholic planner he found online. I was very excited, but was soon disappointed when I realized the planner was not really designed with a mom in mind.  

With some prayer and encouragement from the Holy Spirit and Travis (and a week of being sick and unable to do anything but lay on the couch) I began working on my own vision of a Catholic Planner. I am really excited in how it turned out and hope this will be a great start to staying organized and focusing on Christ in this new year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment